What To Look For In Construction Staffing Agencies
Three Characteristics of the Best Construction Staffing Agencies
Good construction begins with a good construction team. Construction staffing agencies offer the convenience of choosing from a wide selection of reliable skilled craftsmen to compliment your construction lineup. But it’s important to choose your construction staffing company carefully by recognizing certain key characteristics. Find your complete team of top-notch skilled labor professionals from a reputable, construction staffing agency like Construction Labor Contractors.
Construction staffing companies give you the flexibility to keep your construction project staffed during peak seasons or when you need someone to fill in at the last minute due to unexpected illnesses and/or injury. But not all construction staffing agencies are the same, and with skilled labor in high demand these days, labor staffing companies are popping up all over the United States. With hundreds of construction staffing companies to choose from, how can you be sure you are working with the best partner?
When choosing an agency that best suits your needs, look for these 3 characteristics:
- Human Resource Experts. Construction staffing agencies specialize in providing on-demand temporary skilled workers so that you won’t experience delays in your construction project. And when you turn to a construction staffing company to help you manage your workforce, you don’t end up with too many or too few skilled workers. But more importantly, as a construction contractor, you don’t have time to deal with all the aggravating human resources tasks involved with hiring a new skilled laborer. That’s why it’s important to choose a staffing agency that acts as a human resources consultant and has experience in handling all of your human resources needs. No matter how big or how small your project is, the best construction staffing agencies examine your plans to better understand your needs.
- Does your project require seasonal skilled labor?
- Is the position short-term?
- Do you expect any increases in your labor demands halfway through the project?
- Do you have specific skilled labor requirements?
- Payroll, Benefits and Insurance. Some of the most important considerations to make when selecting a construction staffing agency is how payroll is handled, and does the construction staffing company handle all of the insurance claims and employee benefits. Larger staffing companies have the tendency to calculate a percentage of payroll in their final invoice, making pricing confusing in the initial proposal. Examine the proposal carefully for hidden fees. Make sure you understand everything that will be covered in the final invoice and that the construction staffing agency is very clear about what is included. Rarely will you find such experts in the construction staffing industry that are so proficient in the areas of workers’ compensation, payroll administration, risk management and government and tax compliance. CLC is one of the only construction staffing agencies that provide benefits to it skilled labor workers, and is also self-insured, which means that the agency pays for all claims. We are able to offer our clients enormous value because we negotiate the best pricing time and again.
- References and credentials. As with any new hire, missing this important step in the hiring process can be disastrous. You want to make sure the construction staffing agency you choose has a reputation for excellence. Do your homework and don’t forget this very important step. Ask the agency for references. Construction staffing agencies should have clients that will speak positively about partnering with them. Take time to review testimonials and references carefully. Call these references and ask questions like:
- Was the skilled worker experienced and dedicated to their craft? Find out if the agency’s testing and certification process coincide with your performance standards.
- What kind of screening does the staffing company do? Make sure drug screening and background checks match the protocol that your human resources team follows.
- Does the construction agency have a 100% satisfaction guarantee? Your satisfaction should be the number one priority and a guarantee is something to consider when your reputation for quality construction is on the line. A guarantee ensures that you will never be left with a skilled worker who does not meet your expectations.
Hiring talented, temporary skilled workers is a big investment for construction contractors. Keeping these quick tips in mind will help you choose the best construction staffing agency, giving you more time to reach your construction goals. When you partner with CLC, we commit ourselves to finding the best qualified skilled labor professionals in the industry to compliment your construction team. Contact one of our representatives today to learn more about our temporary skilled labor solutions!